Financial Advice Provider Disclosure for Lyfords
Under the Financial Market Conduct (Regulated Financial Advice Disclosure) Amendment Regulations 2020, regulation 229C the following publicly available information is declared.
Licensed to Provide
Lyford Investment Management Limited, also trading as Lyfords and Lyford Financial Services is a Licensed Financial Advice Provider (FAP) issued by the Financial Market Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice services including investment, personal insurance, Kiwisaver and general financial advice.
Under Section 396 of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, Lyford Investment Management Limited has been granted a full Class 2, Financial Advice Providers licence, FSP341506.
Office Contact Details
Alison M Renfrew, FSP35961
Richard W Renfrew, FSP35821
Richard SI Renfrew, FSP731211
(FSP – Financial Service Provider Licence)
Nature and Scope of Advice Services
- Investment advice and implementation (including strategic asset allocation, investment portfolios, risk/return profile assessment)
- Retirement planning, including Kiwisaver strategies
- Personal and group insurance cover (including life, disability, income protection,trauma, health insurances)
- Debt management (including borrowing for personal and investment purposes)
We are not obligated to, or tied to any banks, insurance companies or product providers.
All products recommended are qualified with independent research.
- Investments: ANZ Investments, Booster (unit trusts, superannuation, Kiwisaver), FNZ wrap platform that gives us access to around 9,000 underlying securities and facilitates the use of model portfolios from Synergy Investments and Consilium NZ Ltd.
- UK Pension Transfer Service: Booster, i-Select Superannuation (utilising the FNZ options described above)
- Personal Insurances: AIA, AMP, Asteron, Cigna, Fidelity Life, NIB Health Insurance, PartnersLife.
The actual fee charged to you will depend on the nature and scope of the advice, or service that we provide. We will discuss and agree the actual fees with you before we proceed and explain how they are payable.
The fees charged for our advice and services may be based on a combination of a set dollar amount or a percentage-based fee. Fees will be confirmed in our Statement of Advice. Our agreed advice and service fees may include charges for initial advice, ongoing or annual advice and services.
For services relating to personal insurance recommendations, commissions may be paid to us directly by the product provider as follows:
- Initial commission: a percentage of the insurance premiums payable by you.
- Ongoing commission: a percentage of the insurance premium on renewal of insurance products.
Limitations of Advice
Conflicts of Interest
We manage these conflicts of interest by ensuring that the advice we provide is based on understanding your goals and circumstances and providing recommendations which are based on independent research. We maintain a Conflict of Interests register which allows us to actively manage any conflicts that may arise.
Internal Complaints Process
If you have any problems, concerns or a complaint about any part of our advice or service, please tell us so that we can try and fix the problem. Our internal complaints manager is Richard Renfrew, 04 471 0662. A copy of our complaints policy will be provided on request.
External Complaints Process
Duties and Obligations to you
Lyfords’ financial advisers are bound by the duties of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 (431I, 431K, 431L and 431M) to:
- meet the standards of competence, knowledge and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advisers
- give priority to their clients’ interest and exercise care, diligence and skill
- meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set out in the Code of Conduct.
Information submitted via the Contact Page on the Lyfords web site is the minimum information required in order to contact you around providing financial advice services. All information is kept under strict privacy and cyber security management.
Lyfords is committed to protecting their clients confidentiality and privacy including fully complying with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advisers in managing any personal information that they may hold.
You have the right under the Privacy Act 2020 to obtain access and request correction of any information that Lyfords may hold regarding providing financial advice to you.
It is a requirement of the Privacy Act that any breaches in security of your information will be reported to you and the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Lyfords does not sell, or rent, client information or contact lists to anyone for any purpose.
The information provided and services described in this website are of a general nature and are not intended to be personalised financial advice.
While every endeavour has been made to supply accurate, up-to-date information, errors and omissions may occur on this web site. Accordingly, Lyford Investment Management Limited (trading as LYFORDS and Lyford Financial Services), the directors, shareholders, advisers and employees accept no responsibility for any loss to any person (in any form whatsoever) that arises from the use of, or reliance on, the information contained in this web site.
Third party links to other web sites are provided as a convenience to users of this site. LYFORDS does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content.